Saturday, December 11, 2010

Winter Climbing

It's a nice day today so the big thaw is well and truly on. It's probably warm enough for a bit of rock climbing on Monday. I fancy a trip to Trowbarrow Quarry for some nice trad climbing however if it gets cold again then it is time for my first attempt at ice climbing. My climbing partner, Simon, has invested in a pair of ice climbing axes and after his course last winter is keen to get out and use them. He knows of a spot in the Lakes where you can ice climb next to the road on a top rope so that seems a good way for me to learn what to do. The other optionthis time of year is to go to Kendal climbing wall. This is a fantastic facility with a huge overhanging main wall and a great selection of small climbs of various grades. I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment