Sunday, January 23, 2011

TGOC Planned

Well that's it another weekend over and hopefully the bulk of the planning completed. We have decided to start at Lochailort and then work our way across to Roybridge and then Aviemore. Hopefully arriving in Aviemore on the Thursday to meet up with Peter who is a buddy from our previous challenges. Then the three of us will walk together over the Cairngorms to Breamar then Ballater and on to the coast. There will be no stop at Tarfside this year as we want to finish further north. The plan I think is to stay accommodation in Roybridge, Aviemore, Ballater and camp or bothy the rest. Overall I am very happy with this plan and will report back when I have done the more detailed planning on the computer.

This weekend there was also a couple of walks completed. The walk on Saturday was from Hathersage up onto Stanage edge and then Burbage with a short loop back to Hathersage. This was shorter than I would have liked to have done, however the weather was not the best so it was ok. Today we walked from the village of Litton down Cressbrook Dale to pickup the Monsal Trail, at the Monsal viaduct we headed south west and looped around and eventually ended up at Litton Mill where it was a short walk back to the village. This was a really nice walk through lovely steep sided valleys with a fantastic little brew stop at Cressbrook Mill.
I am now on the train on the way home.


-Hope you have enjoyed this and if so tell everyone if not tell me

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Good effort getting the rout sussed out. I am still sorting mine and need to pull my finger out this week. I aim to get it done and dusted. Training walks have started and hope to see you at the end

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nat will not let me go any where with alcohol :-)
    Also fancied something a bit different.
    Jayme

    ReplyDelete